This is part 3 in a series: 50 Image Creation Tools for Editing and Converting Images.
Here are numbers 37-50 of our list of 50 excellent and completely free online applications that can be used to create stimulating visuals for anything, whether you are a freelance writer or blogger, teacher, student, or businessperson looking to spice up your ideas with some interesting eye candy.
Online Image Converters
Online format converters can be extremely convenient utilities. They let you convert between formats without having to install any software on your local machine. Let us take a look at some of the best free tools for changing image file formats.
There are also occasions in which you might want to, or have to, convert an image file into a different file format. Here are some of the best online applications for converting your image files without having to download and install any conversion software.
37. Picture2Life (http://www.picture2life.com/) is a web application that can take your static JPGs or BMPs and turn them into GIFs that move and are animated. You can make collages and then bring them to life with this tool. It works well with many different picture-heavy sites, including Facebook, WordPress, and ImageShack.
38. Image to PDF (http://www.pdfconverter.com/convert-to-pdf-online-free/) is a tool that does exactly what it says — converts your images to PDFs. The converted PDF will be sent directly to your email once the process is completed. This is also a good way to compress the size of your pictures before sharing them.
39. Photo2Text (http://photo2text.com/) is a tool that helps you to convert an image file into a text file, plain and simple.
40. Text-Image.com (http://www.text-image.com/convert/) is an image-to-HTML converter that allows you to freely get the HTML code for your images online.
41. Text2Mindmap (http://www.text2mindmap.com/) is yet another free web app that does exactly what it says — converts text to mind maps. Mind maps are great for organizing ideas and brainstorming or studying in a more visual manner.
42. Photo to Cartoon (http://cartoon.pho.to/) is a website that allows you to “cartoonize” your pictures. It takes your regular images and makes them look like cartoon drawings and can be a lot of fun.
43. Cartoonize (http://www.cartoonize.net) is a web tool that probably gives you the most accurate cartoon versions of your pictures. Try it out and have some fun turning yourself or your friends into comic book characters.
44. Picascii (http://www.picascii.com) is an online tool for creating ASCII art. Using this tool, you can convert image files into ASCII TEXT and HTML.
45. Share As Image (http://www.shareasimage.com) is a great tool for taking notes. Use it to highlight text found on any website and then convert this highlighted text into an image and save it for future reference or to share with others immediately via social media.
46. Map2Pic (http://www.map2pic.com/en/) is a great tool for map enthusiasts and travelers. If you don’t have Internet access when traveling, take screenshots ahead of time using Google Maps and then save the files so you can look at them and use them later.
47. Convert Hub (http://www.converthub.com/) Is a great image conversion tool. It converts image file types to other image file types and supports JPG, GIF, TIFF, BMP, and much more.
48. Image to Favicon.ico (http://www.prodraw.net/favicon/index.php) is a good tool to use if you need to convert an image into the *.ICO icon format. It’s a great tool when setting up a website or blog and creating icons for quick links to other sites and profiles.
49. Safe Mail (http://safemail.justlikeed.net/) is a pretty interesting tool and is good for bloggers that want to avoid receiving spam mail from bots. Just type in your email address and create an image of your address that you can post on your blog. This way, real visitors you want to email you can see the image of the address and send an email to it, but bots can’t register it, because it’s not written as text on your site.
50. Email2Image (http://email2image.com/Convert-Email-to-Image.aspx) is a tool that does the same thing as Safe Mail and is just as effective. It converts your email address into an image of the address, which you can post on your site and avoid spambots for good.
Cindy Pearson is a blogger at the PDF Converter Tips & Tricks Blog. This article is based on one of her posts: http://www.pdfconverter.com/resources/blog/