Barefoot Writer Shows You the Best Freelance Writing Jobs for Beginners
Millions of companies need to hire writers, but don’t have the time or money to hire a full-time employee. That’s where freelance writers come in. Experienced freelancers can expect to make $20,000, $50,000, or even $100,000 or more each year through online freelance work.
But… what if you’re just getting started?
As a new Barefoot Writer, there are a lot of writing opportunities available to you. The path you pick will depend on your own interests and goals. Here are some of the projects that new writers may be hired for:
- Direct Response Copywriting: Persuasive writing is the backbone of writing for a living. You see direct response copywriting every day in your mailbox. Catalogs, letters, and postcards asking you to buy something are all considered direct response, as are several emails and sales web pages. This is a huge, worldwide industry, worth about $2.3 trillion, and good persuasive writers are always in demand. Discover more about this market with AWAI’s popular Accelerated Program for Six-Figure Copywriting.
- Writing for the Web: Every business is online these days, and they all need writers that can get their reader to take action. While the principles of writing online are similar, successful writers still need to know how to apply them to the web. Learn more about how to make money with online freelance work.
- B2B Copywriting: Business-to-Business copywriting applies the principles of persuasive writing to the business audience, instead of consumers. This is a large market, and widely ignored by many new and experienced copywriters. That means there is a lot of work available, but not a lot of competition. Discover how you can become a go-to writer for the B2B market.
- Grant Writing: Grant writers help organizations and groups tap into billions of dollars of grant money each year. As a grant writer, you’ll write proposals for these organizations, and find the right agencies and foundations that are looking to grant money for specific needs. Learn more about writing persuasive grant proposals.
- Resume Writing: This is a business that does well no matter what the economy is doing. Good resume writers are always in demand by employees who are looking for new and brighter opportunities. Seasoned resume writers make $100 to $150 an hour or more. Discover how you can make money writing resumes.
- Travel Writing: Travel writers are able to turn a vacation into an opportunity to make money. They help readers connect emotionally with the place they’re writing about. Not only do they get paid for their writing, but they often end up with free perks like tours, meals, and spa services! Learn more about how to get paid to explore the world.
- Cause Marketing: Big companies are no longer just concerned with making a profit. Now they also want to give back to their communities through cause marketing. And they’re hiring copywriters to write their cause marketing campaigns. Writers who are interested in making a difference while they make a living can learn more about copywriting for a cause.
No matter what type of writing you want to do, there’s really no shortage of projects available. Let us show you how to become a freelance writer. Join Barefoot Writer today!